April 15, 2023
Academy Bus Enhances Commuter Service between New Jersey and New York
Additional Service Added to 8 Routes To Meet Commuter Demand
In response to increased commuter demand, Academy Bus, the largest privately owned and operated ground transportation company in the United States, has expanded service on eight of its 17 commuter routes between New Jersey and New York City. The expanded service comes after Academy Bus’ restoration of their commuter service to Wall Street (NYC) via Jersey City in January of this year.
“Despite a slow return to normalcy in commuter ridership in the months immediately following the COVID-19 pandemic, our decision to expand service reflects the significant increase in ridership on our most important routes,” said Francis Tedesco, CEO of Academy Bus. “Academy’s commuter routes serve thousands of customers each day, and the added service on these New Jersey/New York City routes shows we are acknowledging the needs of our riding public along some of these most in-demand lines."
The additional service will enhance routes connecting central New Jersey to various points in Manhattan, including Wall Street and Port Authority. The weekday bus service from New Jersey includes routes from the Jersey Shore area, multiple routes originating at the PNC Banks Art Center, and from Park and Ride locations and rest areas on the New Jersey Turnpike, Garden State Parkway and Route 36. Updated timetables, with route specifics for New Jersey and beyond, can be found here.
Academy Bus has added service to eight lines, including:
● Added service from Willingboro and Westampton, NJ to Manhattan.
● Added service from Point Pleasant, Manasquan, Sea Girt, Spring Lake, Belmar, Avon, Bradley Beach, Ocean Grove, Deal, West End, Long Branch, Oceanport, Little Silver, Eatontown, Fort Monmouth, Shrewsbury, Red Bank, Lincroft to New York City.
● Added service from Route 36 to Port Authority (NYC).
● Added service from PNC Bank Arts Center, NJ (GSP Exit 116) to Port Authority (parking available).
● Added service from PNC Bank Arts Center, Red Bank/Lincroft, and Monmouth Rest Area to Port Authority.
● Added service from Lincroft Park & Ride (Garden State Parkway Exit 109) to Port Authority/Manhattan.
● Added service from the Jon Bon Jovi (formally Cheesequake) Rest Area (mile marker 123, Garden State Parkway) to Port Authority.
● Added service from the New Jersey Turnpike's Exit 8A Park & Ride to Manhattan. More information on Academy Buses’ commuter services can be found by downloading the SilverPass App here or by visiting www.academybus.com.
# # #
About Academy Bus
Based in Hoboken, NJ, Academy is the largest private carrier in New Jersey and the largest privately owned and operated ground transportation company in the United States. Utilizing almost 1,100 top-quality buses, across 20 markets from Boston to Miami, the company maintains a diverse set of service offerings in charter and commuter operations. Whether moving 20 or 20,000, Academy has the expertise to satisfy every customer. For more information on Academy, please visit www.academybyus.com